Here’s some good news for anyone who wants whiter teeth: In addition to getting a professional teeth whitening treatment, there are specific foods you can snack on that’ll simultaneously whiten your teeth naturally! So when you start looking for a brighter smile, head to your fridge and have a snack that’s good for your teeth as well as your body!
- Pineapples: Contain bromelain, an enzyme that removes plaque and discoloration.
- Carrots: The vitamin A they contain is essential for healthy tooth enamel. Eat them raw to stimulate saliva production, which will help clean your teeth.
- Cheese: The combination of calcium, phosphorous, and protein in cheese provides a protective barrier against bacteria and helps restore the enamel.
- Onions: Sulfur found in raw onions gets rid of bacteria. If eating raw onion is unappealing, garlic will provide the same benefit.
- Salmon: Contains vitamin D, which is essential for absorbing the calcium and phosphorous necessary for strong teeth.
- Broccoli: The high iron content in this vegetable helps protect your tooth enamel from staining and decay.
- Strawberries: Contain malic acid, which removes surface stains. To use strawberries to whiten your teeth, mash one up and mix it with some baking soda. Brush the mixture onto your
Have you tried any of these teeth whitening foods? Did you notice any changes?